If you ask any garage door company in the entire California, they will all advise you to refrain from doing repairs on your own because there is always a high chance to get injured or cause serious damages to your property. On the other hand, there are small things that you can do to maintain your garage door in good shape in between scheduled garage door maintenance services.
Follow the instructions of the manufacturer’s manual and the common sense
* Lubrication is one of the tasks you can do on your own. The usual parts that need lubrication is the garage door springs, the rollers, the cables and the garage door hinges, but you should consult the manual of the manufacturer about specific information of which lubricant you should use.
* You can inspect the mechanism for broken or bent parts, especially the tracks and the garage door torsion springs. In case you detect such problems, you should contact an emergency garage door company immediately in Concord.
* You must frequently clean your garage door with water and soap and remove leaves or dirt that may block the tracks.
* You must also check the bottom seal for possible damage. These seals get worn easily and they can reduce the insulation of your home or allow the entrance of rain water or other elements within your garage. If you don’t know how to do it accurately on your own, you can ask a garage door contractor for assistance.
* If you have a wood garage door, you must take extra care of it by frequent painting and inspections. Wooden doors need special coatings to withstand elements, but the other materials need care as well since they might rust.
* You can check whether the sensors communicate properly since they are the A to Z of your safety. This is one of your most important tasks.